- Boarding School
- Navigating Admissions
Many families have discovered that there are all different types of Boarding Schools in the United States - coed, all boys or all girls, junior boarding for middle school students, schools just for grades 9-12, and even schools that offer a post-graduate year of study.
Perkiomen School is a coed school, with girls and boys dorms and time to socialize just like every other public or private coed middle and high school.
So why consider a coed boarding experience?
1. The 360-degree experience of living in a residential community with a supportive group of adults including dorm parents, advisors, faculty, and staff - all focused on students' success.
2. The ability to make life-long friends with people from all over the world.
3. The opportunity to pursue leadership opportunities in abundance.
4. The chance to try all kinds of fascinating classes and extra-curriculars.
5. The extraordinary gift of learning resilience, independence, and self-advocacy in middle and high school.
If this sounds like a great fit to you, read on and Uncover Boarding at Perkiomen School.
Perkiomen School is grateful to be a part of The Association of Boarding Schools and The North American Boarding Initiative, who provide research and resources about Boarding School to interested students and families. Boarding schools today serve a diverse body of motivated students who study and live in supportive, inclusive academic communities, where they learn independence and responsibility. Research has shown these values help them achieve success in the classroom and beyond.