The mission of The Entrepreneur Institute at Perkiomen School is to make a liberal arts education relevant to students through rigorous application. In addition to Perkiomen’s graduation requirements, students receiving a Perkiomen School Certificate in Entrepreneurship will have completed the Foundations of Entrepreneurship course, a minimum of two cross-listed supporting courses, as well as a capstone project. The capstone project represents a substantial investment of time and effort to solve a problem and create value in the world. Whether creating for-profit products or businesses, or non-profit socially driven enterprises, students learn and demonstrate resiliency, cooperation, communication, calculated risk taking, creative thinking, and confidence.
Shaun Yorgey '97
Director of Entrepreneur Institute
At Perkiomen School since 2006
Foundations of Entrepreneurship
Cross-listed coursework in: English, Fine Arts, History, Math and Science Departments, or a pre-approved alternative Course (Perkiomen or Non-Perkiomen course) or Language Fluency (Subject to approval).
Diploma Option for Entrepreneurial Distinction:
Upon successful completion of their capstone, students that meet all the requirements of the Entrepreneur Program will receive a special Entrepreneurial Distinction on their diploma and their transcript will reflect the course title of Entrepreneur Program and Capstone with a letter grade of an A and six credits.
The newly created facility housing the Entrepreneur Institute is purpose-built to support all student work. It is a highly flexible space lending itself to very diverse possibilities. There are spaces designed to facilitate creativity and ideation, as well as collaboration throughout the facility. A full suite of rapid prototyping equipment will support technical entrepreneurship, and the impressive array of technology available will support all endeavors. The new Entrepreneurial ecosystem will inspire and support all phases of enterprise and is a resource available to the entire Perkiomen community. We welcome current students completing a capstone, those with an idea they wish to explore further, a creative faculty member, or alumni who wish to engage in the creation of something new. This facility is a hub of innovation of all kinds.
The Entrepreneurial Incubator is an after-school activity during the winter term. During this time students can engage in intensive work on their enterprise. The time is supported by faculty with expertise in entrepreneurship as well as technical areas for those working in product development. Most significantly, it is a time when students collaborate and help one another sharing their expertise. The Incubator is not a requirement to completing a capstone; however it is a significant aid in completing one.
Perkiomen is partnering with Penn State University to bring an unmatched experience to up and coming entrepreneurs. Campers will have full days with experienced entrepreneurs, and top faculty from Penn State Lehigh Valley, and Perkiomen School. They will learn manufacturing, marketing, presentation skills, and be inspired to develop their ideas into a viable product, service, or company. Learning is hands-on!
Dual Enrollment Opportunity
- Students enrolled in the Entrepreneur Camp have the opportunity to receive 3 college credits through a dual-enrollment option.
Dates: July 8 to 17, 2019
Grade: 9 to 12
Times: Overnight, boarding camp
- $1,495 Early bird registration before April 15, 2019
- $1,595 after April 15, 2019
Air, Train, Plane or Bus
- Driving Directions: Perkiomen’s address is 200 Seminary Street, Pennsburg, PA 18073
- Airports: The closest major airports are Philadelphia International Airport (PHL) and Lehigh Valley International (ABE). If you are interested in ride sharing please contact the Alumni Office.
- Train Stations: 30th Street Station in Philadelphia, located approximately one hour from campus, is the closest Amtrak Station. Norristown, PA also has a train station that is approximately 40 minutes away by taxi and is accessible from the Philadelphia Airport.
- Car Services and Cabs: Call J & J Transportation at 1-800-726-5466 or 610-776-1516. Call Valley Cab Company at (215) 679-6215.