A gift to Perkiomen School that is part of a thoughtful, comprehensive estate plan provides a way of completing a lifetime of giving to the school, or of making a significant gift that was not possible at an earlier stage of life. Such gifts can also provide advantages such as lifetime income to the donor or others and possible tax benefits.
When you include Perkiomen in your estate planning you combine your personal values and your financial goals in a meaningful way.
It is easy to make a gift that provides the maximum benefit to you, your family, and Perkiomen.
- Make a gift in your will
- Designate Perkiomen as a beneficiary of a life insurance policy
- Designate Perkiomen as a beneficiary of a portion of your retirement plan
- Create a trust that provides annual income to you and/or your family and ultimately reverts to Perkiomen
- Create a trust that provides income to Perkiomen and ultimately reverts to your survivors
- Donate property
Membership in the Phoenix Society is automatic for those who have notified the school of their intentions. The Phoenix Society recognizes donors who include provisions in their wills or estate plans to benefit The Perkiomen School and have informed the school of their generosity. If you have done so and have not notified the Office of Alumni and Development, or are interested in learning more about gift planning, please contact Director of Development Karl Welsh at (215) 541-5048.
* Donors are encouraged to consult with their own professional tax advisors when making charitable gifts.
IRA Charitable Rollover
The IRA Charitable Rollover Provision allows individuals who have reached 70 ½ to donate up to $100,000 to charitable organizations directly from their Individual Retirement Account (IRA), without treating the distribution as taxable income. This provision had expired on January 1, 2015, but was reinstated and made permanent.